Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject.
We are looking for a Reliability Engineer – Hybrid Solution
responsible for providing redesign, optimization, and production support of the technologies that comprise the Enterprise’s network and environment ensuring the stable operation of Cloud and OnPrem related assets and services. The position will require the ability to manage multiple priorities, including the Hybrid lab set up, customer POVs, daily tasks and projects, while working closely with other peer team members. It requires a person that can remain flexible and can effectively collaborate across technology teams and global business units.
Responsibilities will also include, but are not limited to, the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and successfully manage and execute business and project plans, deliverables, policies, processes and procedures in support of business and departmental strategies, objectives and budgets.
- Design, install and maintain systems, hardware, software, and peripherals across the enterprise and the hybrid environment as required.
- Setup and maintain the lab environment, conduct the level of stress and longevity testing for the products. Automation testing is desired as well.
- Identify resources for departmental activities and projects and provide technical and budgetary input and management of vendors/suppliers.
- Develop, maintain, and continually improve relationships/partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners, teammates, direct reports, and vendors/suppliers.
- Solve business problems by performing analysis, preparing recommendation(s), and providing project leadership/management for successful implementation of relevant technology, business process modifications and/or enhancements.
- Development automation tools to support IDC Operations by monitoring, measuring, and optimizing performance of all network hardware, storage, software, cabling, and data communications connections ensuring maximum uptime.
- Identify, analyze, diagnose research, and resolve technical problems for individuals and groups in an efficient manner, recognizing the proper course of action to take, communicating and escalating severe issues as appropriate.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by manager.
- Communicate highly technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Perform demo session as well as knowledge sharing among team members by preparing and maintaining documentation for products.
- Collaborate with team members to identify and conduct the product related, network, system, hardware, and software improvements and/or upgrades.
- 3+ years of experience in a large technical environment supporting one or more of the following: LANs, WANs, network products, SIEM, cloud, security, and related technologies.
- Strong knowledge with scripting (python, perl, shell) and ability to quickly prototyping to extract information is a plus.
- Good working knowledge of networking, security, and cloud systems, including developing, configuring, supporting, and optimizing networking hardware, software, telecommunications, and related technologies.
- Good working knowledge of networking standards, protocols, security, troubleshooting, and performance tuning.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft and Linux operating systems and virtualization tools such as VMWare as well as VM management software such as OnApp.
- Automation testing and continuous integration using Jenkins, Hudson, Selenium is a plus.
- Experience with webservers (nginx, apache) is a plus
- Must be able to work well with others in a team as well as independently.
- Able to work effectively at all levels of the organization with ability to convey a correct sense of urgency based on customer needs and/or business impact.
- Advanced problem solver with the ability to sort through complex issues and conduct comparative analysis of multiple solutions.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills – prioritizes and performs a variety of concurrent tasks with efficiency and minimal direction.
- Must be detail-oriented and self-motivated, possessing strong judgment with excellent decision-making skills and excellent analytical/organization/time management skills.
- Possess technical leadership and have experience with process building and enhancements.
- Experience and ability to effectively manage project resources and vendors/suppliers.
- Excellent communication and written skills. Fluentin written and spoken Mandarin Chinese (native or bilingual proficiency) is a plus.
- Must be a quick learner and adaptable to change in process or required activities.
- Graduate degree (MS/PhD) in Computer Science/Engineering (Preferred) or equivalent experience with BS degree