- Keep OS and apps latest and do not click links in SMS messages.
- Install security software and do not jailbreak or root your devices.
- Turn on two-step verification to add an extra layer of security to your account.
- Download apps through official channels and grant permissions with caution.
- Set PIN code for SIM and do not retain any sensitive information.
- Reset your used phone and copy/delete video files repeatedly before selling it.
- Set remote wipe to clear all data once your phone is lost.
Mobile Office——Password Phishing upon Phone Loss
Case AnalysisCase Analysis
A malicious actor, after finding your lost iPhone, cannot unlock it without the password of your Apple ID. Therefore, he/she will try every means possible to obtain or change your password. For example, if you registered your Apple account with an email address, the actor will send a phishing link to that address. After obtaining your browser cookies, he/she can access that email account to reset the password of your Apple ID.
- If you receive an email saying that your phone is found, do not click any link, image, or attachment in it.
Mobile Office——Post-processing of Mobile Phone Loss
- Do not panic when losing your phone, and report the SIM loss at once.
- Freeze online payment accounts and call the police if your phone is stolen.
- Remotely lock or wipe data from your phone and change passwords to important apps.
- Guard against phishing emails and inform your family and friends of the loss of your phone.