Office safety should not be underestimated.
Masquerading as insiders is an important way for conducting industrial espionage or for hackers to collect information. As couriers are known to frequent office buildings, a person impersonating a courier will arouse the least suspicion. Besides, we cannot rule out the possibility that some couriers violate professional ethics to perform malicious behaviors.
- Handle incoming and outgoing packages outside the gate of the company.
- Guests must register at the reception desk and should be escorted by an employee in the course of the visit.
- Be wary of outsiders following you to the gate of the company.
- If the door won’t close by itself, shut it after you come in.
Office Area——Meeting Security
Sometimes, main ideas and important conclusions are left on the whiteboard after discussions in the meeting room. However, these contents, if catching the eye of someone unauthorized to them, may readily lead to unpredictable consequences.
- Use a soundproof meeting room.
- Draw the curtains or blinds during meetings.
- Before meetings, warn attendees not to take pictures, record the meeting, or disclose the contents discussed at meetings, or even not to bring mobile phones in.
- After meetings, clear out the meeting room, clean the whiteboard, and take away your files.