Customers can enable SMTP functionality to ensure timely receipt of alert notifications and device logs. Below are the steps to configure SMTP functionality.
Configuring an SMTP Server
1. Choose Administration > Third-Party Interface > Email Service and click SMTP Server
2. Configure parameters
Parameters for configuring an SMTP server：
3. Click Save to commit the settings.
(1) After the SMTP server is configured, you can click Send Test Mail to check whether the parameter settings are correct.
(2) Click Send. NTA will send the test mail to the specified email address if the parameters are correctly set.
The message “Sent” is displayed when the test email is sent successfully.
The message “Failed to send the email ” is displayed when sending the email fails.
Configuring Mail Settings
This involves the following sub-tasks:
- Email alert configuration: configuration of email addresses to which alerts will be sent.
- Log sending configuration: configuration of log sending conditions and alert filtering conditions.
- Scheduled alerting configuration: configuration of parameters for generating and sending alerts in a scheduled manner.
Configuring the Email Template
The email template is used to configure the format of alert messages sent by email. NTA comes with a default email template, which can be modified as required.
By performing the preceding steps, you can use the SMTP function to receive timely notifications when alerts occur. This helps you understand alerts and device status in a timely manner and take necessary actions.