We are looking for a Cloud Solution Engineer responsible for providing design, optimization, and production support of the technologies that comprise the Enterprise’s network and environment ensuring the stable operation of Cloud related assets and services. The position will require the ability to manage multiple priorities, including customer POVs, daily tasks and projects, while working closely with other peer team members. It requires a person that can remain flexible and can effectively collaborate across technology teams and global business units.
Responsibilities will also include, but are not limited to, the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and successfully manage and execute business and project plans, deliverables, policies, processes and procedures in support of business and departmental strategies, objectives and budgets.
- Design, install and maintain network systems, hardware, software, and peripherals across the enterprise and the cloud environment as required.
- Extend and maintain the VPN system.
- Identify resources for departmental activities and projects and provide technical and budgetary input and management of vendors/suppliers.
- Develop, maintain, and continually improve relationships/partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners, teammates, direct reports, and vendors/suppliers.
- Solve business problems by performing analysis, preparing recommendation(s), and providing project leadership/management for successful implementation of relevant technology, business process modifications and/or enhancements.
- Maintain Data Center Operations by monitoring, measuring, and optimizing performance of all network hardware, storage, software, cabling, and data communications connections ensuring maximum uptime.
- Identify, analyze, diagnose research, and resolve technical problems for individuals and groups in an efficient manner, recognizing the proper course of action to take, communicating and escalating severe issues as appropriate.
- Respond to Cloud support tickets, telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support ensuring timely feedback and closure.
- Design the customer sign on work flow and present the work flow to the customer
- Other duties and projects as assigned by manager.
- Communicate highly technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Develop and maintain network security, data integrity, and file system security processes and procedures.
- Perform knowledge transfers among team members by preparing and maintaining documentation for networks, systems, processes, procedures, written instructions, and solutions to problems.
- Collaborate with team members to identify and recommend process, network, system, hardware, and software improvements and/or upgrades.
- Maintain knowledge of developments in relevant technologies and their use in the industry, making recommendations when appropriate.
- Available to work after hours and weekends as required.
- May lead and direct the work of project team members, vendors, consultants (project specific), partner resources
- 3+ years of experience in a large technical environment supporting LANs, WANs, cloud, security, and related technologies.
- Good working knowledge of networking, security, and cloud systems, including developing, configuring, supporting, and optimizing networking hardware, software, telecommunications, and related technologies.
- Good working knowledge of networking standards, protocols, security, troubleshooting, and performance tuning.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft and Linux operating systems and virtualization tools such as VMWare as well as VM management software such as OnApp.
- Must be able to work well with others in a team as well as independently.
- Able to work effectively at all levels of the organization with ability to convey a correct sense of urgency based on customer needs and/or business impact.
- Advanced problem solver with the ability to sort through complex issues and conduct comparative analysis of multiple solutions.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills – prioritizes and performs a variety of concurrent tasks with efficiency and minimal direction.
- Must be detail-oriented and self-motivated, possessing strong judgment with excellent decision-making skills and excellent analytical/organization/time management skills.
- Possess technical leadership and have experience with process building and enhancements.
- Experience and ability to effectively manage project resources and vendors/suppliers.
- Excellent communication and written skills. Fluentin written and spoken Mandarin Chinese (native or bilingual proficiency) is a plus.
- Must be a quick learner and adaptable to change in process or required activities.
- Graduate degree (MS/PhD) in Computer Science/Engineering (Preferred) or equivalent experience with BS degree
Jobsite & Interview
Santa Clara, CA
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject.
NSFOCUS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
NSFOCUS is revolutionizing Anti-DDOS security market space. As a company, we are focused on eliminating market inefficiencies by empowering our partners to provide better security as a service and providing state of the art cloud-based services like DDOS protection, threat intelligence, web application firewall, etc. Our products protect 4 of the world’s top 10 largest telecommunication companies and world’s largest banks.
With its multi-tenant, distributed cloud security platform, NSFOCUS effectively moves security into the internet backbone, operating in data centers around the world and enabling organizations to fully leverage the promise of cloud computing with unparalleled and uncompromising protection and performance. NSFOCUS delivers unified, carrier-grade, hybrid DDOS security and threat intelligence. To learn more, visit us at https://nsfocusglobal.com