This position is responsible for providing leadership in architecture, design, optimization, and production support of the technologies that comprise the Enterprise’s network and telephony environment ensuring the stable operation of IT assets and services. The Network Engineer will require the ability to manage multiple priorities, including help desk tickets, daily tasks and projects, while working closely with other team members. It requires a person that can remain flexible and can effectively collaborate across technology teams and global business units. Responsibilities will also include, but are not limited to, the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and successfully manage and execute business and project plans, deliverables, policies, processes and procedures in support of business and departmental strategies, objectives and budgets.
- Design, install and maintain network systems, hardware, software, and peripherals across the enterprise as required.
- Identify resources for departmental activities and projects and provide technical and budgetary input and management of vendors/suppliers.
- Develop, maintain, and continually improve relationships/partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners, teammates, direct reports, and vendors/suppliers.
- Solve business problems by performing analysis, preparing recommendation(s), and providing project leadership/management for successful implementation of relevant technology, business process modifications and/or enhancements.
- Maintain Data Center Operations by monitoring, measuring, and optimizing performance of all network hardware, storage, software, telephony, cabling, and data communications connections ensuring maximum uptime.
- Identify, analyze, diagnose research, and resolve technical problems for individuals and groups in an efficient manner, recognizing the proper course of action to take, communicating and escalating severe issues as appropriate.
- Respond to help desk tickets, telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support ensuring timely feedback and closure.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by manager.
- Communicate highly technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Develop and maintain network security, data integrity, and file system security processes and procedures.
- Perform knowledge transfers among team members by preparing and maintaining documentation for networks, systems, processes, procedures, written instructions, and solutions to problems.
- Collaborate with team members to identify and recommend process, network, system, hardware, and software improvements and/or upgrades.
- Maintain knowledge of developments in relevant technologies and their use in the industry, making recommendations when appropriate.
- Available to work after hours and weekends as required.
May lead and direct the work of team members, vendors, consultants (project specific)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in computer related field
- CCNP certification or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in a large technical environment supporting LANs, WANs, telephony, security, and related technologies.
- Good working knowledge of networking, security, and telephony systems, including developing, configuring, supporting, and optimizing networking hardware, software, telecommunications, and related technologies.
- Good working knowledge of networking standards, protocols, security, troubleshooting, and performance tuning.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft and Linux operating systems and virtualization tools such as VMWare as well as desktop software such as Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Must be able to work well with others in a team as well as independently.
- Able to work effectively at all levels of the organization with ability to convey a correct sense of urgency based on customer needs and/or business impact.
- Advanced problem solver with the ability to sort through complex issues and conduct comparative analysis of multiple solutions.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills – prioritizes and performs a variety of concurrent tasks with efficiency and minimal direction.
- Must be detail-oriented and self-motivated, possessing strong judgment with excellent decision-making skills and excellent analytical/organization/time management skills.
- Possess technical leadership and have experience with process building and enhancements.
- Experience and ability to effectively manage people and vendors/suppliers.
- Must be a quick learner and adaptable to change in process or required activities.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.